Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Stupid Thinking...Why Worry?

When you pray do you find yourself wondering or worrying if God will do whatever you prayed for the way that you want it? Do you worry that God doesn't know what you need? Do you worry that God might not get something or someone to you on time? Do you worry that God doesn't know how to give you the desires of your heart? Do you worry about anything at all? If the answer is yes to any of the above you are involved in stupid thinking.

If you are thinking, wondering, or worrying about something having to do with the anything already mentioned I have good news for you. God is NOT new at being God! He has always been God and as such has had a lot of practice. Remember our God is all-knowing. Jesus said in Matthew 6:8, "...Your Father knows what you need before you ask Him." Jesus taught in Matthew 6:25-26, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or...what you will wear...Look at the birds of the air...your Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable then they?" Jesus is telling us that we are more important than birds in His eyes and He will take care of us. Jesus is our provider. Jesus goes on in Matthew 6:27 which reads, "who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" I'll let you answer that one. I find that the less I worry, the more at peace I am. Don't get me wrong I am not saying not to care, I am saying not to worry; God provides. There is nothing that God can not handle. That in it self is just another way that God is great.

Can You Show Me an Example From the Bible?

Of course! Look at Joseph. In Genesis 37 Joseph is sold by his brothers as a slave to Ishmaelites. At that time he obviously had plenty to worry about, but God was with him. Later in Genesis 39 Joseph was thrown into prison for something he didn't do. Again he now had more to worry about, but God was still with him. In Genesis 41 Joseph is placed second in command over all Egypt (directly under pharaoh). Egypt at that time was the most powerful nation in the world. In Genesis 42 Joseph sees his brothers again and in Genesis 46 Joseph is reunited with Jacob (his dad) and all his brothers. He had plenty to worry about, but God took care of him. In the end he was reunited with his family and was put second in command of the world superpower of the time.

Do You Worry?

I usually do not worry. Occasionally I start to get into this stupid thinking mode, then either I remember or am reminded that God will provide the answer or whatever it is that I am worried about and I usually calm down. Always remember that God is not new at being God. Something recent I have experienced was not knowing what to do now that I have graduated from college. I was worried about making the wrong decision, not knowing what God's plan was for me, and not knowing whether I should go back to school for my masters. I live in South Florida and I don't speak Spanish so the places where I can get a job are very limited down here. I recently got laid off from the only place that hired me, a few months ago. Prior to that job, I had been looking for three years for one [that paid above minimum wage] and was turned down every single time or got no response because I do not speak fluent Spanish and/or have a lack of experience, or some other reason. Through those three years I was applying I was working at a restaurant that hired me my last semester in high school. You know what all that worrying got me? NOWHERE! Now that I look back at it, all I needed to do was be patient and trust that God would provide me with the answer. Now look where I am. I just recently started this blog and am in the process of starting another about investing. It is called ThunderTrading.com; it is still under construction, but I will inform you all when it is complete. I now feel quite content again. I know that I have nothing to worry about because I know that Jesus is with me. Thank You Jesus! Glory to Your Name! Remember God loves you, so don't worry. Make Jesus the Lord of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment