Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Do Not Envy Wicked Men

I asked Jesus to help figure out what to post about earlier and when I opened my bible now and looked down Proverbs 24:1 almost jumped at me.  It reads in the NIV, "do not envy wicked men, do not desire their company."

Be careful of who your friends are.  If you know that someone is not a good influence and you being around them isn't changing them, why are you hanging around them?  When we are a fisher of men, we want people to want what we have, a relationship with Jesus Christ, and all that comes with that.  For example, we are going to heaven, we have Jesus with us, we are full of joy (well at least I am), and much more.  Do not envy others, but be an example to those who are around you so that they want a relationship with Jesus just as we have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment