Friday, January 15, 2010

Helping Others

I feel that God showed me Romans 12:13 this morning.  In the New Living Bible Version it reads, "when God's people are in need, be ready to help them.  Always be eager to practice hospitality." 

This morning, I will go into the first portion of this verse.  Our need to help others is what is said in this verse.  When you see someone in need of help, go and help them.  We are all God's people.  If you don't believe me read my other post on Caught In The Rush where I explain why.  Since we are God's people we should always be ready to help someone in need.  What does this accomplish?  First of all, you are showing God that you are obeying what He wants you to do.  It shows people that you care about them.

In addition to that Matthew 25:34-40 shows us that when we help others we are doing it for Jesus.  Verse 40 reads, "and the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!."  Here Jesus had just finished telling about the final judgment.  In verse 37-39 He mentioned that the righteous asked when they saw Jesus hungry or naked, and when was He sick so they could have visited Him.  Jesus is basically saying that when we help others we are doing it for Him or helping Him.

If we are to be fishers of men we should without question help others.  This is one thing that Jesus wants us to do.  Be a fisher of men today.  If you know someone sick, give them a call, if you know someone who is hungry, take them out to eat.  Do something to help someone today that you usually pass on by.  Know of a way to help others?  Please leave a comment sharing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment